Saturday, March 20, 2010

-Contrition-

Oh my dear, avid blog readers!! I have indeed neglected you badly! (Cool cuz Karen, Aunt Doris, etc.....) For this, I am deeply apologetic and I will try to turn over a new leaf starting with this post! Lots and lots has happened since our last post. Firstly, my sweet Grandma Floyd, at age 65, died from Lou Gehrig's disease-most of you already know this-and we were in California for her funeral the 9th-15th of March. Got to see alot of family and friends in Bako and Chico, so some positives and negatives about the trip. We got to be with Emme on her first plane ride! She also had her first REAL, documented smile at 11:04 CST on the plane, in my arms! What more could her Tante ask for?! It was such a blessing that Tyler and I were able to go together instead of being separated for a week, we just weren't ready for that quite yet. We also had our 5 month anniversary on March 10, which we couldn't really do anything since it was the day of the funeral. =( We had dinner with the Varner's (Mom, I must get those pics from you!) and got to meet Mr. Kohen Pettis, what a doll! Tyler was pretty obsessed about how cute he was. The funeral went well except for the crazy sound system kept yelling at Lisa, Megan and I when we were choking our way through a terribly sad song during the ceremony. And someone mistaking my dad for "Mike" instead of Mark in the obituary reading, and someone else leaving him out of their speech altogether. 1st mistake-Awkward. 2nd mistake-Rude. So, ok stepping off my very tall soap box.........it was a very sad day that felt like it would never end. I wish that Tyler and I had been able to spend more time with her in the past. She was a great Grandmother and I will have only wonderful, bright memories of her in this world. Whoo, getting emotional, time to move on! Secondly, Lacie is now a whopping 14 lbs! Thirdly, we got a futon for the guest room and 4 dining chairs! Tonight we sat at the table for the first time. It was a landmark in our lives! And we were sitting at the island on barstools before, not the floor, in case you were wondering! Fourthly, Tyler gifted me with a taser/stunner thing today! So, beware all potential wifenappers! I am armed and probably very dangerous with this piece of electric-throwing, pain in a box! 120, 000 volts, I feel invincible! Apparently, to get the pervert-creepo completely dazed, confused and immobilized, I will have to keep it in direct contact with their arm for 5 seconds. Hopefully they will be nice enough to sit still for me while I grapple for it in my purse, turn the lock button to "UNLOCK" and tase them in the face! Oh, and fifthly(It is a word!), the weather was exsquisite most of this week until last night a horrible, ghastly ice/snow/wind storm came through and wiped it out! I could just tase Mr. Jack Frost right about now! I really hope my budding lilies survive! =( I really need to stop, this is so ridiculously long that no human could possibly read all this hooky-pooky and their brain not explode. I'm just trying to make up for lost time! Love to all and to all a good night! It's 12:03 AM, have to be up at 7 tomorrow! Enjoy pics and captions below.
P.S. Tyler will have a trial tase from yours truly and I will post the video of it shortly!


Uncle Ty with Emme


Great Grandma


Proud Poppa


My cousin Alyssa and I


The little thing


Grandma has a beaming smile in this one!


I look so much like my Dad in this pic!


All 3 Sisters


We're just too smokin' cute

Tyler insisted-Our Torani syrups were thoroughly inspected by TSA.
Altogether now......"Awwww!"
Lacie and her Uncle Tanner
Toodle-OO!

No comments:

Post a Comment